Monday, November 23, 2009

Coke Bust - Lines In The Sand LP


Sometimes you buy records because you read a good review, heard somebody talk about it or even for the cover. I bought Coke Bust's "Lines In The Sand" because I heard it was good and because it has Chris from Magrudergrind in it.
Most of the time those impulsive buys turn out to be the most rubbish purchases of the year, but it seems I got lucky!
Ok, I didn't know what to expect when I bought it (I thought it was going to be grindcore, like MG), but I can't say I was disappointed when I heard the furious hc/thrash that is being played on this album. It made me think of Infest, Blank Stare, Youth Of Today and other warriors of the straight edge movement. Fast, fierce and with a message, the way hardcore was intended! Too bad the length of this LP is only 17 minutes. I wouldn't be complaining with another 5 or 10 minutes extra to be honest.
Anyway... a lot of good records have been released this year, but I think this is(like the latest Magrudergrind) one for my top 10 of 2009. Excellent shit!

www.myspace.com/cokebust
www.myspace.com/sixdub
Stino

2 comments:

  1. If this is the first you've heard of Coke Bust, then you need to track down a copy of their Fuck Bar Culture EP. It is just as good, if not better than this LP.

    ReplyDelete