Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thousandswilldie/Kill The Client - Split 7"


When I saw this one sitting in Sandro RSR's distro I emmidiately picked it up and took it home with me, because both bands are very appealing in my eyes.

First up: Thousandswilldie's side!
I've been following this band since their demo days and they've never let me down and they're not doing it this time either. As a matter of fact these are probably the best things I've heard from them. The 5 songs (well they have no pauzes between them so it all kinda sounds like "long" track) are brutal as fuck and quite diverse, ranging from grind/hardcore to sludgy mathcore... Maybe somewhat similar to In Disgust or Circle Of Dead Children albeit less deathmetal and more grindcore.

On the other side: Kill The Client.
I really liked their first EP sounded like a raging madman, but "Escalation of Hostility", the band's first full length kinda let me down, because I missed some power in the songs, so I kind of lost track of the band, until I heard the songs they contributed for the "This Comp Kills Fascists" compilation, on which the band delivered some excellent grindwork! The tracks on this split are in the same vein as the compilation tracks, which can only be a good thing. I think Terrorizer would've been jealous of the 3 tracks on this split. (very) fast oldschool grindcore, not unlike aforementioned legends, but with a modern sound to it. Maybe I should give their new full length a shot too!

Conclusion? A great split with awesome bands on both sides. A must-buy for every grindcore fan!

www.myspace.com/thousandswilldiegrind
www.myspace.com/killtheclient
www.myspace.com/rsrec
Stino

No comments:

Post a Comment