Thursday, November 26, 2009

Shaïd - S/T LP


I am septic about today's French grindcore scene… yes we have Blockheads and Inhumate, but what else? A bunch of smaller bands, some good, some well... not that good. Shaïd is part of the good ones. I discovered them two years ago, the songs on their myspace were not so good infact, but about a month ago, led by curiosity, I bought the S/T LP (their first full lenght release). And hell yeah: this is just great! I have to admit that it's my favorite French release of 2009. These guys from Nancy (also known as Blockheads grindcity) play fast crust/grind with hints of power violence. 13 tracks of pure craziness! The dual vocals sound a little bit linear but are not boring. I can't tell anything objective about the sound of this LP because of my crappy old vinyl player, but on it, it sounds like hell which is just perfect!
If you want to discover the good part of the French grind/crust scene, you should get this stuff!

http://www.myspace.com/shaiid
Pibe

No comments:

Post a Comment